Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Random Ramblings..

How I hate this IIT CV Hungama!! Frikkin' blowing up your CV with flowery terms to show you're no less than God. Why can't everyone keep it simple? At least, please, someone tell me the recruiters have sufficient common sense- that they too find all this 'action verb' and 'decoration' stuff comical. Oh God, spare me all the drama.

Which makes me sit back and think how awesome the world would be if all this superficial flowery stuff never existed. We had no choice but to show on the outside what we truly were on the inside, and could not hide our true colours? Wow..the concept seems amazing.

But then again, like Higgins put it, "What they think they ought to think is bad enough, Lord knows; but what they really think would break up the whole show. Do you suupose it would be really agreeable if I were to come up now with what I really think?"


And Ma'am said today that literature IS sad. Which is so obvious, and yet, I never actually realized it until today. People write to vent out anger/frustration/depression, people read to overcome grief. Happiness doesn't need dealing with =D
Cool! Justifies my whiny blog!

Anyways, I think literature need not necessarily be sad. It has a purpose, yes. But the purpose needn't necessarily/mostly be to help you cope with depression. For me, whatever little I've read, has been an escape into happiness and fantasy, a window to so many new worlds and ideas. It has helped me cope, yes, but it has also helped take a broader perspective on things, open up to new stuff, and taught a lot many life-lessons.


The new Airtel tune, 'Har ek friend zaroori hota hai!' is cute :) Reminds me of some of the friends I lost, I wish I hadn't. But then again, life goes on, even without them. I think there's no point anyways, in continuing a relation where there's no trust.. dragging it along just for the heck of it. Instead I ought to thank one of them for spoiling my previous intern, resulting in my trying at other places n getting a great internship (with awesome people) at Bangalore \m/, along with 2 bullet points on my CV ;) !


By the way, what happens to all my email and other internet accounts when I die? [Sir is talking about this in class right now :P] Umm maybe I could encrypt and store the passwords somewhere..but then where do I store the key?


And this is my blog's first random post :P Was long overdue :)

0 comments: